What Is Your Goal?
What drives you? What is your goal today? What is your purpose? Is there something you want to achieve this week; next month; by the end of this year?
Do you have one overall goal for your life — a transcendental goal toward which you press? Most do not.
Most of us live “accidentally.” Millions of people live “reactive” lives, rather than “pro-active” lives. That is, they usually tend to react emotionally, rather than with calmness and reason, to whatever situation or circumstance arises at the moment.
Millions have drifted into bad marriages, confusing lust with love; have “accidentally” encountered others who became part of their lives, but who were not deliberately sought out or selected. Surveys prove that vast numbers in the work force are engaged in work they detest; that millions are working in menial, boring, monotonous jobs only because they have to eat, and not because they chose their line of work by planning.
Millions while away time in their educational experience without goals; without specific targets. Huge numbers either drop out or graduate from high schools, glad that their formal “education” is now behind them, but without the skills necessary to succeed in life. They did not select courses that helped them prepare for success, or desired affluence. One sees an astonishing attitude of defeatism among the public; the hugely obese woman, her hair in pink curlers, wearing shorts and rubber sandals in the supermarket; the dirty, long-haired, scraggly-bearded man with several missing front teeth standing hopefully in line at the bank, wearing paint-splattered pants. I write these descriptions from personal experience, by the way. I see such examples of hopelessness — examples which shout loudly by appearance, dress, body language and facial expression that they have long since given up on themselves.
Few people set both short term and long-term goals, and then pursue them diligently.
What if you were seated next to another person on an airliner which was going to make three stops on a long trip, and you had the following conversation: “Hello. Are you going to Denver, or flying on to Salt Lake?”
“You mean, you don’t know where you are going?”
Now, such a conversation would be impossible, you say.
But wait. You and I, and the rest of the world’s population are on a journey. Most of the inhabitants of this globe do not know the purpose of their journey; have no idea of their final destination.
Every day, those of us in the temperate zones travel
perhaps 23,000 miles as the earth turns on its axis; about 8,000 miles of
which is spent while we sleep. Time and space are the same thing. We
measure a day by the time it requires for the earth to turn once on its
axis. Each day is broken down into hours, minutes, and seconds. Since we
use a solar-lunar calendar, our months and years are not precise, but the
movements of the planets, and of the moon around our rotating earth, are
Our journey had a beginning at the time of our birth. It has many segments: adolescence, adulthood, middle age, senility and death. While our years are fairly predictable, the moment of death is not. More importantly, most have given very little thought to what happens the moment AFTER death!
When we sat transfixed before our television sets and saw the very first pictures coming back to us from space, we saw a little blue-white gem sparkling in the distance; a globe mostly covered with water; white clouds swirling about in fascinating patterns. Our astronauts were profoundly moved by the experience of going to the moon. Virtually to a man, they had a spiritual awakening, for they saw from an awesome perspective just how small, how fragile, how infinitesimal is our little world in comparison to the vastness of the solar system, and outer space.
They took to the moon all the requirements for the sustenance of human life. Oxygen, water, food, shelter. Their space capsule was loaded with precise amounts of all those ingredients. It was known to the second just how long their oxygen supply would last; how much water they had on board; how much fuel in their tanks; how much food.
Upon reentry into earth’s atmosphere, it was important that their capsule be positioned so precisely that it entered so that its protective heat shield took the brunt of the atmospheric winds, or their capsule would have burnt up, killing them in a horrible fire. Too shallow an angle, and the capsule could have “skipped” against the atmosphere, sending them back out into space, there to die a lingering death as all their support systems were exhausted.
You and I are on a journey. We live on a beautiful space ship, with a canopy of air called the atmosphere overhead to protect us from millions of asteroids; to filter the sunlight; to form vapor and produce rain. Our watery planet provides us with a heating and cooling system; with oxygen from billions of diatoms in the sea, and billions of trees, shrubs and plants. We are creatures of the soil. We came from the soil. Everything we ingest comes, ultimately, from the soil or from the sea. The sea is like a living organism. It daily sends billions of tons of evaporated moisture into the atmosphere, retaining the salt, and allowing only pure water vapor to ascend, then flow over the land masses, and come down in the form of rain, sleet or snow.
Our soil is watered from that basic source of all water, and from the soil comes every thing we eat; all that we are.
But our earth, contrary to those who scorn and sneer at the concept of global warming or the depletion of earth’s natural resources, is finite. There is only so much coal; only so much crude oil. No new oil deposits are being formed. There is only so much nickel, iron, copper, lead, tin and other metals.
At the incredibly voracious rate of the devouring of natural resources, do you honestly believe there is another fifty or one hundred year’s supply of oil, and all other resources?
Consider: The goal of every nation on earth is to achieve the breathtaking affluence of the United States. We are envied and hated. The so-called “third world” countries desperately wish to become affluent. The so-called “developing” countries desperately desire to become affluent.
Then there is the military factor. Little nations desperately desire the means to become powerful military nations. They want to develop nuclear, chemical and biological weapons, and the means to deliver them half a world away in only minutes, thus joining the “nuclear club.” A frightening example of this is Pakistan and India, and the more than one million men facing each other across the strangely misnamed “line of control” between Pakistan and Kashmir.
Conditions on spaceship earth are not encouraging.
First, there is the problem of overpopulation. At the time of Christ’s birth, there were approximately 200 million people on earth. The population doubled in just over one thousand years. By 1650, there were 500 million people. By the time of my birth, in 1930, there were 2 billion! But from my birth until 1999, the population had exploded to over SIX BILLION, or 300 per cent in just under 70 years.
Current projections for all countries indicate that, barring massive loss of life due to nuclear war, famines and disease, and calculating the projection based upon loss of life over the centuries, there will be well over NINE BILLION people on earth in another forty five years.
Tokyo Japan, the world’s largest city, projects an urban population of 27.62 million by 2050. Already, Tokyo experiences some of the worst air pollution on earth. Its traffic jams are legend. Space is at such a premium that, when Australia sold off its former Embassy grounds and built a smaller high rise Embassy, it was able to pay off the Australian national debt with the proceeds! There is no such thing as a vacant lot, or abandoned building in Tokyo!
Mexico City, the second largest city, has over 16.5 million inhabitants, the majority of whom live in comparative squalor in a sprawling, dirty, chaotic array of tin shanties and mud huts. By 2050, Mexico City will have 24.75 million!
The story is the same in such huge, sprawling megalopolises such as Bombay, India, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Buenos Aires, Argentina (expecting a population of 38.54 million by 2050), and Lagos, Nigeria, projecting a population of 23.28 million.
Do you honestly believe that these teeming hundreds of millions and billions of hoping, dreaming, lusting, wanting, striving, crying humans will achieve their dreams of affluence?
Will the billions in nuclear-armed China, or Brazil, or India all experience homes with about 90 energy slaves, such as double ovens, electric ranges and refrigerators, microwave ovens, running water, flushing toilets, showers and sinks, trash compactors, two automobiles in every garage, and a home festooned with a computer, 2 or 3 television sets, surround sound and an entertainment center?
The following analogy is apt.
Consider an airliner. Up forward, represented by the United States (which possesses half of the automobiles on earth) are the first class passengers. They are six people. Flight attendants pass back and forth, bringing them cocktails, salads, filet mignon steaks and after dinner drinks.
Separated by a curtain are ninety-four people. They have no seats, but stand, hanging on to straps suspended from the ceiling. There are no lavatories, so they eliminate where they stand. There is no drinking fountain, no food service. How long do you think it will be before some of them decide to raid the first class cabin in search of food?
Today, this world is filled with dozens of nations, and one major religion, if not several, who literally HATE the United States of America. Much of this hate is pure envy. Much is the result of political and religious lies and propaganda. But the hate is real.
This is why dictators like Saddam Hussein of Iraq, Moamar Kadafi of Libya and Khamenei of Iran flourish. The impoverished masses see, in their leaders, those who are dedicated to shredding that curtain and stampeding up to the first class seats. They yearn for the complete destruction of “the Great Satan.”
Do not be deluded. The population explosion is the greatest single threat to world peace and stability. If we were all the same race; if all spoke the same language; if all were of the same religion; if all were of the same political persuasion, the population increase would still be there, inexorable, immutable, unchangeable.
Spaceship earth simply cannot handle all those people. In many ways, earth is much, much too overcrowded already. The bulk of the world’s populations live near sea level. Vast mountains are inhospitable to human habitation. Vast deserts are virtually uninhabitable. Most of the earth is covered by water. The more than 6 billion are mostly crowded into cities and towns. Recently a photograph taken at night from the shuttle over the US and other countries showed a shocking carpet of lights from the major population centers. It was as if the continents were alight.
This earth is your home and mine. It is also the home of billions of people, who, if they could come into your home, would be astonished at the wealth; the affluence! They would be amazed at your running water, your electric lights, your television sets, your telephone, your furniture, your kitchen with all its appliances. They would think you WEALTHY beyond their own wildest dreams. Do you doubt it? Take a look at the squalid conditions endured by the bulk of the world’s populations. Take a trip through the almanac, and look at the GNP of nations; investigate their per capita number of doctors, dentists, teachers and scientists; their miles of highways; their per capita number of telephones, television sets, and automobiles.
Following the concern of overcrowding and burgeoning populations is the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction. These global concerns have much to do with your personal GOAL in life, believe it or not. Many virulently hostile, angry Islamic nations either have, or are actively seeking, such weapons and the means to deliver them against Israel, Europe and the US, or US interests abroad.
Among them are Iraq, Iran, Libya, Syria, Sudan, and, if the truth were told, Saudi Arabia.
Syria, Iraq and Iran possess large military organizations, missiles, and very likely stores of chemical and biological weapons. Aside from rogue nations’ attempts to become nuclear armed is the specter of terrorist organizations getting their hands on radioactive materials. Recently, following the “dirty bomb” scare which was much in the news, USA TODAY, in what I believe was a completely irresponsible, stupid move, published a meticulously detailed article on how to make a “dirty bomb.” They even showed how terrorists might steal an X ray machine from a dentist's office to make a radioactive bomb!
Millions labor under the assumption that, since “the Cold War is over,” and the “US is the world’s only remaining super power” that the tens of thousands of nuclear weapons possessed by the big powers are either inert, dismantled, or have been destroyed. Not so. Vast numbers of nuclear weapons remain in both the US and Russian stockpiles, and former Soviet Republics, such as Ukraine, possess large stocks of their own nuclear weapons.
Then there is concern over the potential of the black market trade in nuclear devices. Several arrests have been made in recent years of those attempting to smuggle components from Europe to the Mideast. And then there are those missing Soviet “suitcase size” nuclear bombs which Alexandre Lebed, a retired Soviet General, claims have not been found.
Anyone calmly assessing the buildup of weapons; the clandestine, ongoing attempts of rogue nations to arm themselves with weapons of mass destruction, must take seriously the possibility of massive loss of life due to nuclear, chemical or biological attacks.
Just the other day, President George Bush asked for huge sums so the US can stockpile such things as smallpox vaccines, and prepare for such things as “dirty bomb” explosions.
Wherever one looks; the population, proliferation of weapons and growth of military organizations; pollution, the spread of Islam, terrorism, disease, weather, the global economy, crime, or the toboggan slide of morals and ethics into a fetid swamp of pornography, gay rights, same sex marriages and the ongoing turmoil in the Roman Catholic Church, one must calmly admit that our spaceship earth is in trouble.
Jesus Christ of Nazareth accurately described exactly the conditions affecting spaceship earth today! He said, “And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars...” Your news and mine is FILLED with “wars and rumors of wars,” exactly as He said!
North Korea remains a threat; is engaged in selling missiles and sophisticated arms to Islamic nations such as Iraq and Iran; could invade South Korea at any time. China continues to build up missile sites, expand its navy, and threaten Taiwan, which it does not recognize as a sovereign nation. India and Pakistan are bristling like two Mastiffs over a bone; threatening one another with nuclear war! The US has DOUBLED the number of troops in Kuwait; rumors that we will launch strikes against Iraq at any time continue.
In short, your daily news is filled with precisely the things Christ predicted!
In the light of this, WHAT SHOULD BE YOUR GOAL? Should you be more concerned about your personal, short-range desires; about your next vacation; a raise in pay; a new car; a new TV set? What occupies your time? Millions flock to the motion picture theaters to see mind-boggling, horrific films like “The Sum of All Fears;” the world dissolving in a nuclear war, so they can “ENJOY” watching such destruction vicariously! The moviegoers will not have long to wait until they can SEE THE REALITY with their OWN EYES! But they will not be sitting idly by, stuffing their faces with buttered popcorn and drinking chemical soups with artificial coloring, flavoring, and preservatives. Instead, the Bible says men and women will be dropping dead from HEART ATTACKS because of the SHOCK they will experience when they see the Great Tribulation up close and personal!
Christ said, to His own disciples and those engaged in His work: “...but see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
“For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places” (Matthew 24:5-14). There are famines in many areas of the world. Drought grips the western United States! Wild fires rage in many states, even threatening large urban populations. The largest natural lake in Arizona, which is baking in 110-degree heat, is now nothing but dust. Meanwhile, floods ravage parts of the Midwest! As Amos prophesied, “And I also have given you cleanness of teeth in all your cities, and want of bread in all your places: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD.
“And also I have withholden the rain from you, when there were yet three months to the harvest: and I caused it to rain upon one city, and caused it not to rain upon another city: one piece was rained upon, and the piece whereupon it rained not withered.
“So two or three cities wandered unto one city, to drink water; but they were not satisfied: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD.
“I have smitten you with blasting and mildew: when your gardens and your vineyards and your fig trees and your olive trees increased, the palmerworm devoured them: yet have ye not returned unto me, saith the LORD” (Amos 4:6-9).
Christ continues: “All these are the beginning of sorrows. Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you...” Today, even nominal Christians, regardless of their denomination or belief, are targets for hate-filled terrorists! Missionaries are targets for kidnapping and assassination by terrorists. The vicious, hate-filled terrorists who flew those airplanes into the Twin Trade Towers and the Pentagon died with shrieks of “Praise to Allah!” on their lips!
Christ said the time would come when “they that kill you will think they do God a service!” Truly, that time is here!
He said, “...and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.” This applies not only to all Christians, true or nominal, but to the United States as a whole! The vast majority of the nations on this earth HATE the United States! No matter the official party line of various governments (which are only temporary), the government posture does not always represent the sentiments of the people! Saudi Arabia is a major case in point. Bin Laden is a Saudi. He is far, far more popular in Saudi Arabia than the ruling family; and infinitely more popular than President George Bush!
Christ said, “And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.” Yes, because of the incredible STRESS of chaotic, frightening conditions, and because of the human penchant to drift into a state of denial of what their own eyes tell them, MANY, even among those who claim to be members of God’s true church, are in an adversarial posture; hating, shunning, impugning, ridiculing, attacking, disdaining those who they used to call brethren!
But God says to those of His people who have been “put out” of their former church organizations, “Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed” (Isaiah 66:5).
Christ then said, “And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many!” This HAS HAPPENED! For DECADES, my father and I reminded the members of God’s church about the Ephesian Elders (Acts 20:28-31) who Paul predicted would seek to lead away members for their own selfish egocentric, pecuniary purposes!
Then Christ predicted, “And because iniquity shall abound [we live in an iniquitous time; a time of great SIN in the world; a time of crime, pornography, pedophilia, rape, homosexuality, and blatant immorality], the love of many shall wax cold.” IT HAS!
Continually, when I encounter situations between and among brethren, or when I hear of a difficulty between a lay member and a minister, I must ask, “But WHERE IS THE LOVE?”
Loving, caring, gentle concern has been replaced with arrogance. Meekness, goodness, gentleness, faith, has been replaced with pompous “authority” and vanity. There are many, many people who THINK they are in God’s true Church; who THINK they are headed toward the Kingdom of God, who absolutely SHUN, detest and reject other people! They have forgotten everything they once knew about the simplest cornerstones of God’s word and Christ’s teachings! Even in His sample “Lord’s prayer” He tells us we must ASK FOR FORGIVENESS ‘EVEN AS’ we forgive others! But many are UNFORGIVING! Their thoughts are filled with scorn; with rejection! Each man shall bear his own burden, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Christ said, “But he that shall endure unto the end [whether the end of civilization as we know it, or the end of our own lives], the same shall be saved.
“And this gospel of the kingdom [The GREAT, GOOD NEWS
OF CHRIST’S COMING WORLD-RULING EMPIRE!] shall be preached in all the
world for a witness unto all nations [and it is a witness AGAINST them!]
and then shall the end come” (Matthew 24:5-14).
And what has all this to do with your personal GOAL in life?
A New World Order Is Coming
Whether this world realizes it or not, we are only a comparatively small number of years away from a NEW WORLD GOVERNMENT! The world will be invaded by Jesus Christ at the helm of His armies! Once the Beast and his armies are destroyed, Christ will begin setting up an entirely new world order from His capital in Jerusalem!
The following events will begin to swiftly take place:
(1) All man-made religions will be banned. There will be no more Islam, no more Buddhism, Shintoism, Sokka Gokkai, Hinduism, Animism, Confucianism; no more “nominal Christianity” and no more man-made traditions in Judaism. There will be only ONE true religion; the God-ordained, Christ-led religion of the Bible. Hundreds and hundreds of “denominations” and “cults” will be outlawed, and will cease to exist. All human priests will be defrocked, and told to repent, and sent to work on the farm.
(2) All human governments will be abolished. Fascism, Communism, Dictatorships, Oligarchies, Monarchies, Juntas, Military governments, along with Democracy, will be outlawed. There will be only ONE government; the government of God!
(3) Jesus Christ will rule as KING OF KINGS and Lord of Lords.
(4) The Ten Commandments, as magnified by Christ in His teachings, will issue forth from Zion. Instant obedience will be required. The wages of sin and rebellion will be death, to be carried out immediately, with no exceptions. Not a single advocate of “No death penalty” will be allowed to make placards, picket, or voice his or her opinion. Any who hold such opinions will be taught by a Member of God’s own family, and will quickly REPENT of such a stupid posture.
(5) There will be no political movements; no cults; no special interests; no “gay rights,” no “animal rights,” no “same sex marriages,” and no “gay priests.” Before even two people could begin to discuss “political correctness” or subversive plots, a powerful member of the Divine Family of Elohim will suddenly appear to them and say, in a voice like thunder, “THIS IS THE WAY — WALK YE IN IT!” (See Isaiah 30:21).
(6) There will be no “churches,” cathedrals, basilicas, mosques, man-made temples, pagodas, shrines, groves, altars or religious meeting places of any kind except the new temple in Jerusalem. There will be no chants, beads, crosses, steeples, candles, icons, statues, relics, or “religious” objects of any kind. Men and women will not wear strange “religious” garb, such as dresses and robes, weird headgear, such as black beaver hats, or beanies. There will be no weird hairdos, no long ringlets, no required bushy beards or long hair. There will be no outward affectations of “religion,” but only the deep, personal, sincere love and honor toward the true God and the new world ruler, Jesus Christ. No woman will sing “love songs” to Jesus. Virtually ALL of so-called “gospel” music will be heard no more, for NEW and DIFFERENT music will be introduced, bereft of all smarmy, sticky Protestant sentimentality.
(7) All man-made languages will be banned. A NEW LANGUAGE, bereft of paganism, slang, cursing or filthy expressions will be taught to all future generations, while older people will have their minds cleansed of their heathen languages, as they are taught the new world tongue. A gigantic, global BOOK BURNING will take place, as God abolishes all the printed lies, distortions, fables, myths, pagan philosophies, stupid, perverted, darkened wanderings of demented minds in the form of “Science fiction” and “romance” (or, “Do as the Romans do”). Children will not be taught fables, myths and lies. No Santa Claus, no tooth fairy, no “Hansel and Gretel,” and no Jack and the beanstalk, or three little pigs. Instead, children will learn the truth by observing the animals on their own farms, and being taught of loving, responsible parents and grandparents. Not a single television set will act, ever again, as an “automatic baby sitter!”
(8) There will be no stock markets, no bond markets, no futures markets, and no speculation about precious metals. There will be no labor unions, no insurance companies, no doctors, clinics, hospitals, hospices or nursing homes. There will be instantaneous HEALING for those who become sick, and all employers will be required to give fair wages for a fair day's work.
(9) There will be no police departments, no fire departments, no sheriffs, no constables, no FBI, no CIA, no INS, no “Justice Department,” no “State Department” and no other “cabinet level” departments! HUD will go. All bloated, fat, grasping, wasteful, inefficient, government bureaus in every country on earth will be abolished. All religious orders will likewise be abolished. Former priests will become farmers. So will all those listed above.
(10) There will be no women in the labor force; no “ NOW,” no “women’s rights” movements. Women will be required to become wives and mothers; subservient to loving, caring, hard-working husbands and fathers, who will be required to treat them with gentleness, goodness, meekness, respect and outgoing love and concern. The FAMILY will be the basic societal unit. MARRIAGE will be only between one man and one woman, and will be honored, upheld and enforced by law.
(11) There will be NO DIVORCE, ever! No desertions, no abandoned children and wives, no orphans, no child abuse, no abuse of wives or daughters. Divorce will be categorized as a GREAT SIN, and any person attempting to abandon a spouse will be guilty of sin, and be dealt with immediately! Dating will be bereft of any physical contact. Sex before or outside of marriage will be treated as a major sin, and dealt with accordingly. Families will be involved in their children’s selections of friends and future mates. Marriage will be once and for all, and marriage vows will never have to be “renewed” for God will HOLD each one to his or her original vows!
(12) There will be NO CRIME! Not even petty theft or vandalism will be allowed. Therefore, all prisons will be either destroyed, or converted into useful buildings for an agrarian society. Not a single child will steal a marble, a dime, or a neighbor’s strawberry! “Thou shalt not steal” will be a major law of the globe, and will be rigidly enforced. People’s homes, property and crops will be SAFE!
(13) There will be no internal combustion engines; no automobiles, no airplanes (IF there is ever requirement for travel, people can be whisked to their destination easily, safely and instantly by having an angel take them there), no motorcycles or motorcycle gangs or cults. Since there are going to be no such vehicles, all the millions of workers who must toil at monotonous jobs in huge factories will be turned upon the land, to grow their own food in their own gardens.
(14) The cosmetics industry will collapse. Women and men will not fight the “battle of aging” any further, for older people will be revered and honored, and the white head respected. Women’s coloring will be that of radiant HEALTH, and not that of artificial colors from cosmetics. Women will not have purple, crimson and blue eyelids, or long, thick eyelashes, plastered with mascara. All artificiality will disappear. No wigs will be necessary, no plastic surgery, no implants, no pierced lips, eyebrows and eyelids. Not a single person will pierce their skin, tongue, or navels (or any other part of their bodies) and insert orbs, jewels, and rings. All tattooing will be outlawed, and not a single boy or girl will ever have a tattoo blemishing his or her body.
(15) There will be no pornography, no movies, no television, and no radio. All lies, distortions, exaggerations, minimizations, half-truths, false charges, distorted history and revisionism will disappear. There will be NO “media” whatsoever, other than Christ’s own announcements and those of God’s growing family, or announcements from powerful angels from time to time.
(16) Therefore, there will not be a single “preacher” or “televangelist” anywhere. All false prophets, shams, fakes, frauds, hucksters, thieves, liars and gurus will either repent or be put to death. No one will ever try to say to his neighbor, “know the Lord.” Any person assaying to speak as if for God, when God has not sent him to do so, will be instantly administered the death penalty.
(17) The tallest and largest building in the world will be the Temple of God, the HEADQUARTERS of the new World Ruling Government of Christ. All high-rise buildings will be destroyed. Not a single real estate agent, stock broker, money manager, advertising agent or other “executive” will drive in his or her automobile along choked freeways, to park in a jammed lot, to enter a little steel cage, to be taken aloft in a black shaft, hanging from a greasy cable, to a cubicle in a tall skyscraper, there to sit for hours in front of a computer, with a telephone in his or her ear, “earning a living.” Instead, he or she will spend a few hours tending the garden, working around the home, teaching children, working on fine handcrafts, enjoying the sunlight, and smelling the roses. Cities will be like sprawling villages, with each home on at least one acre or more, with room for animals, trees, plants, flowers, gardens, and a fresh, clean, flowing brook.
(18) Perhaps most importantly, there will NEVER BE ANOTHER WAR! All military and paramilitary establishments will be abolished. All intelligence (spy) agencies will be dismantled; their agents sent to their own farms. No “war college” will exist, and not a single military academy. Solar energy tractors will replace tanks. Hand weapons will become hoes and rakes. All explosives will be rendered inert and destroyed. Every single land mine will be discovered and destroyed. There will not be a single gun or bullet remaining in God’s Kingdom; not a single weapon designed to kill a man.
Do you doubt any of this?
There are dozens of scriptures in the word of God, which strongly indicate that all of the above will actually take place!
For example, read the account of Christ’s coming world war in which He will conquer the armies of the Beast: “And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
“His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
“And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
“And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
“And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
“And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
“And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
“That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
“And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.
“And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
“And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh” (Revelation 19:11-21).
Notice how Christ’s world-ruling edicts and commands will issue forth from His Headquarters in Jerusalem: “And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
“And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.
“And he shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more” (Isaiah 2:2-4).
Look how God will change the spirit, attitude and nature of the ladies in His kingdom: “Moreover the LORD saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet:
“Therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the LORD will discover their secret parts.
“In that day the Lord will take away the bravery of their tinkling ornaments about their feet, and their cauls, and their round tires like the moon,
“The chains, and the bracelets, and the mufflers,
“The bonnets, and the ornaments of the legs, and the headbands, and the tablets, and the earrings,
“The rings, and nose jewels,
“The changeable suits of apparel, and the mantles, and the wimples, and the crisping pins,
“The glasses, and the fine linen, and the hoods, and the veils.
“And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty.
“Thy men shall fall by the sword, and thy mighty in the war.
“And her gates shall lament and mourn; and she being desolate shall sit upon the ground (Isaiah 3:16-26)
“And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.
“In that day shall the branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.
“And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem:
“When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.
“And the LORD will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence.
“And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain” (Isaiah 4:1-6).
Do you doubt that God will totally abolish any and all false prophets? “In that day there shall be a fountain opened to the house of David and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem for sin and for uncleanness.
“And it shall come to pass in that day, saith the LORD of hosts, that I will cut off the names of the idols out of the land, and they shall no more be remembered: and also I will cause the prophets and the unclean spirit to pass out of the land.
“And it shall come to pass, that when any shall yet prophesy, then his father and his mother that begat him shall say unto him, Thou shalt not live; for thou speakest lies in the name of the LORD: and his father and his mother that begat him shall thrust him through when he prophesieth.
“And it shall come to pass in that day, that the prophets shall be ashamed every one of his vision, when he hath prophesied; neither shall they wear a rough garment to deceive:
“But he shall say, I am no prophet, I am an husbandman; for man taught me to keep cattle from my youth” (Zechariah 13:1-5).
Do you wonder about the world becoming an agrarian society? Listen: “And he shall judge among many people, and rebuke strong nations afar off; and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up a sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more.
“But they shall sit every man under his vine and under his fig tree; and none shall make them afraid: for the mouth of the LORD of hosts hath spoken it.
“For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of the LORD our God for ever and ever” (Micah 4:3-5).
The Kingdom of God is COMING! Christ is on a COUNTDOWN from heaven above, and will soon INVADE and CONQUER this earth, saving mankind from certain extinction!
And what has all this to do with your own personal GOAL?
Why, EVERYTHING! Unless you are PREPARING for this kingdom, unless you are hoping for it, praying for it, yearning for it; unless you are busily engaged in the WORK which is commissioned to ANNOUNCE IT TO THE WORLD, then you have empty, useless, false goals! Paul wrote, “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus” (Philippians 3:13,14).
Jesus Christ says, “...Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
“And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful” (Revelation 21:3-5).
Can you begin to imagine it? THINK of a world of total PEACE; a world of verdant, fruitful, productive small farms; a world of playing, happy children who are SAFE and PROTECTED by Christ and His angels, as well as by their own family members; a world where even the nature of wild animals has been changed; a world of happiness, joy, thanksgiving, ebullience, and praise!
God promises, “But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth: and he shall smite the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips shall he slay the wicked [despots like Saddam Hussein, Maomar Kadafi, Khamenei of Iran and dozens of others will be slain at the second coming of Christ, if they are not slain earlier, and terrorists such as Bin Laden and Yassir Arafat will suffer the same fate if still alive at that time!].
“And righteousness shall be the girdle of his loins, and faithfulness the girdle of his reins.
“The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.
“And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
“And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.
“They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea” (Isaiah 11:4-9).
THIS, then, is the coming NEW WORLD ORDER!
It is SURE. It is GOING TO HAPPEN!
If your goals are merely human; merely mundane and earthly, then you have the wrong goals! Jesus Christ said, in His sample prayer, that we should DAILY ask, “THY KINGDOM COME — thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven!”
The KINGDOM OF GOD is my goal! It is the great, transcendental PURPOSE for my life! It is the reason for every beat of my heart, every breath I draw! Any short-range, earthly goal pales into insignificance in the light of the greatest goal of all — that of the KINGDOM OF GOD! What a GREAT BLESSING it is to be busily engaged in the WORK of God, announcing that glorious, soon-coming Kingdom!
|back to top||home||what's new||word from main|
|sermons - audio||audio/video page||TV program - audio||TV program - video|
|two key prophecies||United Europe||are we in the end time?||good news|
|best of GTA - TV||best of GTA - sermons||sound bites||TV log|
|breaking news||headlines||end time news||news sources|
|booklets||21st Century Watch||beliefs||heart & soul of gospel|
|feature page||Feast of Tabernacles||prophecy page||evolution page|